We advocate for the implementation of current laws, promotion of needed legislation and improvement of existing systems for people with disabilities while working to diminish negative attitudes that threaten to impede equal access.
We advocate on individual and systemic levels
Individual advocacy includes:
- Assisting people with disabilities in dealing with conflicts
- Helping them find ways to negotiate with the various support systems they use
- Helping them find appropriate resources to solve problems
Systemic advocacy includes:
- Building strong relationships with local state and federal elected officials
- Working with local authorities to improve the enforcement of ADA and other relevant laws
- Working with the community-at-large to remove both physical and attitudinal barriers that prevent people with disabilities from accessing and participating in our community.