RAMP empowers people with disabilities to realize that there is no limit to what they can do. With this in mind, RAMP assists people with disabilities in obtaining the skills to hire and maintain Personal Assistants/Individual Providers (PA/IP).
PA/IPs assist with household tasks, personal care, appointment scheduling, and money management and, with permission of a doctor, certain health care procedures. PA/IPs are selected, employed and supervised by individual consumers.
RAMP maintains a list of Personal Assistants/Individual Providers and provides that list to the consumers we serve.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
- THIS IS NOT AN APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
- RAMP DOES NOT EMPLOY PERSONAL ASSISTANTS/INDIVIDUAL PROVIDERS
- ALL DECISIONS TO HIRE OR TERMINATE THE SERVICES OF A PERSONAL ASSISTANT/INDIVIDUAL PROVIDER ARE MADE BY THE CONSUMER AND NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF RAMP
- WAGES FOR PERSONAL ASSISTANTS/INDIVIDUAL PROVIDERS ARE PAID THROUGH THE DIVISION OF REHABILITATION SERVICES (DRS) AND/OR THE INDIVIDUAL REQUIRING ASSISTANCE, NOT RAMP
Becoming a Personal Assistant/Individual Provider is a TWO STEP process:
- Complete the Personal Information Form online or in person
- Attend a mandatory orientation. In order to attend the orientation it is required that you bring a valid driver’s license and social security card with you to the orientation.
YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY AN EMPLOYEE WITH RAMP TO SCHEDULE ATTENDANCE AT THE ORIENTATION AT THE RAMP OFFICE OR TO ADVISE YOU OF ANY ADVERSE FINDINGS ON YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK THAT MAY PRECLUDE YOUR ABILITY TO BE INCLUDED ON RAMP’S PA/IP REFERRAL LIST.