It all began with a need and a vision.
In 2004 one of RAMP’s Youth Education Advocates recognized the need to empower students to become active participants in their transition planning process.
After a decade of planning, development, and program growth we are thrilled to share the comprehensive suite of educational programming and services we have developed to serve our consumers ages 4 to young adult.
Young Adult Independence & Transition Curriculum
T’NT is designed to prepare young adults (ages 16-22) with high incidence disabilities to become employed, independent members of their communities. The curriculum actively engages students in a variety of topics including:
- employment preparation
- soft skill development
- post-secondary education
- employment training and/or certification
- independent living
- adult services
- financial literacy
- community involvement
Student Empowerment & Transition Curriculum
Ignite is designed to teach adolescents & young adults (ages 12-16) with high incidence disabilities the skills and confidence necessary to become active participants in designing their futures. Through self-exploration, knowledge development and hands-on practice, the curriculum actively builds the mindset and skills necessary for students to become self-advocates in a variety of settings including their IEP meetings. Students will learn about:
- themselves and their disability
- self advocacy
- emotion regulation
- goal setting
- conflict resolution
- the transition plan process
Awareness, Character, Anti-Bullying Curriculum
iBelong is a comprehensive social-emotional development curriculum for grades Pre-K – 6th, focused on acceptance, believing in oneself, and creating an understanding of how ones actions and attitudes affect others. Each grade level theme and content moves students from awareness and acceptance of themselves and others to a call for personal and social advocacy.
Every iBelong lesson engages students in active learning through the use of a variety of instructional methods including: multimedia presentations; hands-on activities; small group work; read-a louds; role playing; and guest speakers.
These programs sound AMAZING! I want them for my students, how do I get them?
If you are located in our service area (Boone, DeKalb, Stephenson, and Winnebago Counties) you have 3 options for purchasing the T’NT & Ignite Curriculums.
Not in our service area? No worries! Option 3 was designed with you in mind.
OPTION 1 - We do all the work!
- Hire a RAMP instructor to teach the curriculum and coordinate all the community partners/guest speakers for you. What could be easier?
- This option is available for all 3 curriculums.
OPTION 2 - Team work!
- Purchase the curriculum, have a member of your staff teach it, and hire RAMP to coordinate all your community partners/guest speakers.
- This option is available for Ignite and T’NT only.
OPTION 3 - It's all yours!
- You teach the program and coordinate all the community partners/guest speakers.
- Option 3 is designed for those of you that:
– are out of our service areas
– have had us teach the curriculum several times and are ready and able to take over all aspects of the program
Need more information or pricing details?
Contact Curriculum Services, firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-968-7467
Other services that RAMP offers: